Jute Lampshade Refurb Tutorial

I bought this cute little pink lamp and stand at a charity shop, but I had no idea where it would go in my home, as I don’t have any pink rooms, but I loved the silver stand.




However, i did on the other hand have a boat load of Jute string.... I just knew that those reels would come in handy SOME day :)

You will need

Lamp shade and base
Jute string
Hessian 
Ribbon
Scrap of material

I removed the shade, i had the fantastic idea that i could just feed the reel through the shade, but no,,,, it was too wide.


So i wrapped a large amount of jute around my hand and started to feed it through the lamp.


Thread it through and make sure that it lines up next to the piece before, and does not overlap


Repeat a few a lot of times..


Be careful that your jute does not tangle up like mine did...if you look carefully at the picture below, you will see my cat 3hree, who was the main culprit in tangling the string...


After spending too long, unravelling it, i ran out of jute, but it was easy to continue, just tie a little not in the new and old end of just, and tuck it into the thread as you continue winding round.


to finish the lamp off i popped on a cute little hessian rosette.



and there you have it, an easy peasy lemon squeezy jute lampshade.

Looks fantastic on the drawers i refurbished with the DIY chalk paint





Feel free to Visit the Blog | Follow on Pinterest | Follow on Facebook

Follow on Twitter |Follow on Instagram

Subscribe to Pretty Shabby UK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15 Ways To Syndicate A Blog Post

21 Online Free Web Based Applications That You can’t live without