Lavender Shortbread Recipe




Lavender Shortbread Recipe
Makes 16 small rounds.


Ingredients

150g plain flour
Pinch of salt
100g butter
50g caster sugar
2 tsp culinary dried lavender flowers.

Method

Preheat oven to 160C. 

Slightly crush 1tsp lavender flowers in a pestle and mortar to release the natural oils.

Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl with the caster sugar, butter and crushed lavender, and rub in using fingertips to make a crumbly mixture which can then be kneaded together to make a dough. 

Roll out to 1cm thick and cut into individual rounds. Sprinkle with the remaining lavender flowers, pressing them down gently until they stick, then bake for 10-15 mins until the shortbread is just starting to brown.

Leave for 10 mins before removing from baking tray, and sprinkle with caster sugar.


Tips
Some people recommend leaving the dried lavender flowers for decoration until after the shortbread is baked, but I find they just fall off.

The amount of lavender flowers used is entirely personal, and lavender flavour can become overpowering very quickly so try it out and exercise caution!

Try substituting dried lavender flowers for a few drops of essence or try a little of both.




Entered into The Thrifty Home page


If you liked this, pop over and see the Paper Tube Lavender Sachel

Comments

  1. These sound yummy! I saw your guest post today with the New Year's card tut. Glad I came for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, Glad you popped by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recipe Dawn - I may try these but without the lavender first - would the recipe still work out? Mich :) (I'm not the best baker/cook but would like to try more in the New Year)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mich, yes the recipe would still work :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've made lavender shortbread before but am going to give this recipe a try. You have a lovely blog! I'm a new follower. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing this lovely recipe. I'm finding myself drawn more and more to lavender as a cooking ingredient, but haven't as of yet made the jump. Thinking I might have to do so soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where does one buy Culinary Lavender??

    ReplyDelete
  8. I believe you can buy it on amazon or etsy etc, although i grow my own lavendar. Both French and English varieties xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Popping over from "The Answer Is Chocolate" link party to say that your recipe has filled a need for me. I tried lavender cookies at a greenhouse and I just loved it, but I couldn't find a recipe. Thank goodness I found you and this recipe! - Jerusha, CitrusSwirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. THese will be the highlight of our next tea party! I LOVE shortbread and lavender. Please come share your blog posts over at the Home Matters Linky Party! We'd love to have you for a visit. The Door is OPEN. http://lifewithlorelai.com/2015/07/16/home-matters-linky-party-46/ :)

    ~Lorelai
    Life With Lorelai

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy! And, they're so gorgeous looking ,too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The shortbread rounds are so pretty. This is a lovely way to include lavender in a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this sounds great! It's crazy how easy shortbread is to make!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi, I love to hear your views good, bad and even ugly... If you like something let me know so i can do more of it, if not, i will try and do less. Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to comment, I really enjoy reading what you think about the blog xx

Popular posts from this blog

15 Ways To Syndicate A Blog Post

21 Online Free Web Based Applications That You can’t live without