Wooden Gingerbread Man

Well, I am a Craft Magpie, I see crafty things and I buy them, I consider what to do with them later, well that is not strictly true. I don't do anything with them, I just love looking at them.  Knowing that "I have one of those".

Well finally I have decided to start using my goodies, what is the point of having beautiful papers and beads if they are just stuck in a box where no-one except myself (when I remember) can look at them?

With Christmas coming what better excuse is there to start making beautiful items, in March this year, I bought some gingerbread man shaped birch plywood figures, I could not tell you why I bought them, I thought they looked cute and just did.

Here is my first contribution to We Did It Wednesday and The Thrifty Home

This is Sam, the Gingerbread Man (named by my son Luke, he has a thing for Fireman Sam at the moment)



Firstly, I painted the gingerbread man with mud hut, marked out his stitches, added a cute little gingham patch and wooden button, and hung him with wire and tied a little gingham ribbon.



But I thought he looked a little bare, so dug out some fabulous red and clear beads to give him that little extra christmas touch.


When I saw the kids faces after I showed them Sam I was inspired to make a couple more so there is 12 little Gingerbread Sams now waiting patiently for Christmas to come and take pride of place on the Christmas tree.

Hope you like them.  I am getting really excited about Christmas now, I especially love the Felt Christmas Puddings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15 Ways To Syndicate A Blog Post

21 Online Free Web Based Applications That You can’t live without